Brett dropped me off at Leroy Merlin (a sad Home Depot comparable) to look for some things. It shares a parking lot with Ikea, Media Market, some clothing retailers, and many other stores. As the car came to a stop, Gavin dramatically announced in perfectly pronounced, fluid, Spanish "Por Fin Para Todos!" What? Translation: "At last, something for everyone!" Now, I don't know if he knew what he was saying and how perfectly timed it was, but his Spanish skills really are amazing. That particular phrase, we owe credit to Disney channel. Most of the shows are in English, but all the commercials are in Spanish. The kids, and especially him, have been glued to the TV every morning during the break while we moved in. Maybe I shouldn't feel so guilty for letting him. I mean, he's even funny in Spanish.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Our Live-in Babysitter and Tutor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Your kids are coming home bilingual. In that picture, they all look so cute and I can tell they look so much older from when we saw them this last October. It's amazing how much older the twins look. Oh, I wish I could come in my parents' suitcases this spring.
That's awesome...especially because he picked it from commercials. And can I tell you how jealous I am ---IKEA??!!!!!!
Kids are amazing! What a fun adventure/experience for your family. How long will go get to be there?
Amy - that is a classic. I'm one who believe TV has it's place. Especially if it helps your kids learn to be entertaining. The other day while doing the laundry I made a comment about getting a stain out. Madi's response, "You need to get Shout. It gets stains out every time." I'm almost 100% certain she did not think of that on her own. How is your schedule looking the first week of May? We are seriously contemplating a visit.
Your kids are getting so big! I can't believe you guys have been married for 11 years! CRAZY! I still remember that night that you pretended to be scared and run over to the boys house and hide holding hands with brett between the couch cushions! Aww. Good times! I checked out your other blog and the cakes are super cute. I've been doing a lot of cakes lately too. I took some classes last year and have been into it ever since. We'll have to swap ideas! Sounds like you are getting used to the foreign country. Jake and I have often thought about moving to Spain. Maybe someday we will!
I think he is just like devin. Devin can speak any language he cares to. Some kids are just like that! By the way, your kids are soooo adorable!
Hi, Those adorable grandkids of mine look like they are totally engrossed in what they are watching. It is fantastic that they are picking up the spanish language, Gavin's comment is appropriate but hilarious! Love ya Mom
That's hilarious. It kind of reminds me of the son in Fun With Dick and Jane. Could they be any cuter in their stylin uniforms? I think not.
OK I just realized that perhaps they are NOT in uniforms and just in their Sunday matchies? In any case, they all look adorable.
That is so cool. Kid's pick things up so easily.
Your kids are becoming like little Spaniards! The already look the part (I'm serious!) and now speaking already too? I told you Gavin would become your personal translator in NO TIME! Aren't they amazing? I love it!
I still think about you DAILY and really, really hope you won't mind a little visit from Trevor and I sometime this year.
P.S. Hannah wants a "snuggie" the latest "as seen on TV" product. Commercials are amazing. It would be nice if my repetitious phrases were even HALF as effective! :)
Seriously. Last Christmas Gavin wanted the "Swivel Sweeper".
Post a Comment