Thursday, September 11, 2008

A date, a date, a very important date!

And so, after months and months of waiting, we have it. Finally, a realistic start date for *KPMG* Espana. Let the mayhem begin! As long as work permits, visas, etc. go as planned, we will be breathing Spanish air November 17th. November sounds so far off, but when you break it down, the panic sets in.

September 13-21 -gone to the beach (OBX)
2 weeks of trying to get something done beyond laundry and dishes
October 6-9th Brett out of town
October 10 -Grandma Ross flies in for babysitting duty -I mean, quality bonding time
October 11-17 - We're in Madrid for house hunting (really looking forward to that 13 hr plane ride)
3 weeks of mass chaos and moving
November 9-13 Brett out of town (the rest of us probably living out of a hotel)
And then...we officially become expats.

That's 5 or 6 not very quality weeks left (we're in the middle of busy season) to juggle 8 doctor appts, finish up some house projects, background checks, figure out what we're taking/storing, a flight to Chicago to pick up visas, shopping for must haves, find a renter, make bazillions of calls that seem impossible to find the right time for, given the noise level around here, celebrate 2 birthdays (no, unfortunately not my usual celebrating style), many miscellaneous and repetitious tasks (ie.4 more passport pics each for visas -sure would've been nice to know when we were getting them the first time), and of course maintain sanity while keeping up with the normal everyday tasks . So, maybe I'll be blogging more to escape from what I really should be doing.


4 comments:

Crystal said...

What an adventure! Good luck with the move. I envy the Spain part, but not the moving part.

laurie said...

Oh My Goodness!!! I wish I could be there to help you some way. Good luck with all of your "To-Do List".

Emma Jo said...

My stomach just started to hurt a little. I wish you luck...I'm sure it will all be done with a flourish of style, ease and a cute ribbon. Keep us posted, your blogging public is always here when you need to "waste some time doing nothing". Blog, it will make us happy.
(PS, I was trying to be like you today and made a Halloween banner like the one you sent...check my blog to see how it turned out.)

Reese said...

Okay. Lets just stop the facade. You aren't going anywhere. There is no job transfer going on or a big move across the ocean to a foreign land. If there was a big life-changing event looming in the near future, I would at least expect to see a flurry of stress-induced organizing or a frantic voice on the other end of the phone when I call with lame crafty questions. You guys aren't going anywhere!

{Just kidding. But I really don't want you to go} But I guess if you really are going, then I am a tiny bit excited for you. You just have to promise to blog more and share your language barrier experiences with all of us. I just hope that there is fondant available over there because I think a lot of senoritas would want to be your friend after seeing one of your cakes. I mean, thats why I wanted to be your friend:)