Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tennis anyone?

There are a few things that we have put on hold during the baby phase of our lives (4 in 4 years definitely constitutes a baby phase). Though I mourn the loss of having little ones, I'm finding joy in the activities that I now get to share with them. While the last few years have been spent reading simple board books, our attention is now held with our evening chapters from Swiss Family Robinson. What was once an energetic game of peek-a-boo, has now turned into a fast paced game of Uno (even at 2, Cohen has reached pro status). And so, the tennis racket that hadn't been touched in nearly a decade, has once again acquainted itself with the fuzz-covered, neon sphere (though not so gracefully).










Gavin started tennis lessons when he was 3, and I used to have so much fun dressing him up in his little white polo, bright white shoes, and of course -what 3 year old's ensemble would be complete without sweat bands? Since we have moved away, the younger 3 have missed out on such essential tutoring. I thought it was high time I change that. So I loaded up my 4 budding Wimbledon superstars and headed out to find a court that was available. When we finally found one, there wasn't much day light left and it had begun to sprinkle. A little rain certainly wasn't going to stop 4 kids well equipped with "tennis bats" and wrist bands (we came up a little short in the wristband area, so Cohen's are made from a pair of his socks). And so we played, and though the world cup may never find it's way into our home, we found yet another way to celebrate our aging family.

Gavin -3 yrs old (2005)

1 comment:

Emma Jo said...

I love Gavin in his tennis duds! and you are right, no sporting outfit, I mean uniform would be complete without the essential accessories...I am totally with you on that one.