I'm enduring minor arm injuries and discomfort as I write. I may not have mentioned yet about my lack of self control.
About a month ago, Gavin got off the bus looking a little down. I asked him how his day was, and he said school was good but not on the bus. Why? Apparently an older boy had told him that the game cube was the "s" word (stupid), and it's so old, they don't even make them anymore.
We don't encourage video games around here, so the kids were only aloud to play if they had given a talk at church, or done something extra special. So playing the game cube, was quite an honor. What a blow, to have someone tell you that something you love so much is the "s" word. I tried to explain this to Gavin, and how cool, the game cube was because it makes him happy. Also, things are cooler when they're discontinued right? Though I doubt my reasoning sufficed, Gavin was great, never complained, or asked for a Wii, just dried the hurt tears.
I told Brett it was time for a Wii, not because someone said the Gamecube was lame, but because I was so impressed by Gavin's behavior towards it. After all, we'd had a Wii sitting in the cupboard for 3 or so months now. We bought one before we ever left the states, planning on it as a Christmas gift for the kids. Our shipment never showed up before Christmas, and the kids seemed content with their meager Christmas offerings, so we decided to hold off for another time. The time being at hand, a couple of Sundays ago, Julie (my mother-in-law) and I made clues for the kids to go on a treasure hunt to find an unspecified treasure. They were running from rooftop to basement laundry to kitchen and up and down the stairs, finally ending up in the garage where the Wii awaited them.
It's spring break this week, and we've put in our tourist time, so we're celebrating the rest of Spring break doing nothing. Almost nothing. Brett had Thursday and Friday off from work as it's part of holy week. It's 6:30 tonight and we're still in our pajamas playing wii in a very messy house. Spring break will conclude with the nursing of egos, and strained muscles.

1 comment:
I love it! I love the adorable, mature boy, the treasure hunt and the pj's all day...even the messy house. So fun!
Post a Comment