Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringin' in 2010!

Grapes - check
bubbly apple juice - check
4 kids up way past bedtime - check
I guess our clocks are a couple minutes slow. We hurried to turn on the tv for the countdown down in Sol, but we'd missed it. Talk about anticlimactic. I'm sure the kids couldn't tell it was me gonging and not the clock, so we ate our 12 grapes, blew noise makers, wished each other a Happy New Year, and ran to the roof for the show.
On the roof we just turn round and round oohing and aaahhing.

Happy 2010!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, looks like you had a fun party. We still have 45 minutes until the New Year here in San Diego and I don't think I will make it to eat my 12 grapes until morning! Too tired. Happy New Year. We love you.

Emma Jo said...

I can't think of a more amazing spot to celebrate the New Year!! and I am so glad that no one choked on their crazy grapes, Hooray for 2010!!!, however one says that en espanol.

Kim said...

Happy New Year! Looks like quite the celebration, even if you were a minute or two late. Our kids actually watched the ball drop this year at a friend's 40th b-day/New Year's Eve party. I actually made it until midnight! Looking forward to seeing you in 2010.

traci said...

That would be awesome to have real fireworks for the New Year. We had Kentucky style one's - a few loud ones done in people's back yards throughout the night just every once in awhile. We got the noise all night long, but not the beautiful show. Happy New Year Ross gang!

Reese said...

You just made me change my new years resolution to not being a party pooper next year! Love the pictures, you guys looked like you were actually having a blast with the kids up till the wee hours:)

Gigi's Thimble said...

Sounds fun Amy! That's great to include the kiddo's in the festivities! Fun memories for them I'm sure!