Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Crepes?

My dreams of ever seeing the Eiffel Tower are crashing. We don't seem to mix well with Paris.
Our first run of bad Parisian luck over a year ago, was due to Air France's timely strike which ensured we were stuck in the airport for 24 hours, constantly queuing through security with the false hope of a promised flight. Tomorrow we are due to fly to La Ville-Lumiere on the Seine. However as nature would have it, there is still too much ash in the air for flights to take off. The kids are so excited to see the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame (We just watched the Hunchback...) though Cohen may be more excited about missing his swimming class. So, fingers are crossed that a mighty tempest blows the ash away and this time tomorrow we're sitting on a park bench eating crepes whilst watching Jean-Pierre and Josephine walk by with their pink poodle Francois.

3 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Bon Chance!! OK, seriously, I saw that picture this morning and panicked that maybe I had missed something big happening on the news. Don't scare me like that.
I hope you get to go, it sounds dreamy!!

Reese said...

Yes. What a bummer that you have to change your plans. It will work out sometime soon, hopefully. I will cross my fingers for that big gust of wind so that you will have your weekend of carb-loading and fancy people watching!

Oscarson Photography said...

So... how was it?? We are all waiting for a report! I hope it was all tre... um... fun!