A whole lot of awesomeness is my friend Sharese. It's her birthday today and I love her! She manages 4 kids, a husband, and dog (and a guinea pig I think) like a pro. This girl runs, she sews, takes darling pics of her fam as well as anyone else who may ask, she cooks, she cleans, she teaches the youth at church, and taxi's kids all over to various sports each day while managing to have home made bread on a clean table. As busy as she is with her own family, she still makes time to serve others. She's the one who would come up to you on your first Sunday at church and introduce herself to make you feel welcome. She will sew 10 flower girl dresses for a sister's wedding one week, then make aprons for teachers at school the next, and have handmade gifts for little girls birthday parties. Sharese always offered to watch my kids while I ran errands (making it 8 kids if your counting), and even cleaned out the boys closet before we moved.
You do her hair and she still takes your camera and shoes!
She visited us in Spain last April, and helped with homework, made Addie's hair cute every day, kept my sanity with her laugh, entertained the boys while Addie had gymnastics, sewed Addie a dress, and when I would return from putting the kids to bed, the kitchen would be clean and I would find her ironing (much to my dismay -I mean, I really wanted her to have a vacation).


1 comment:
I don't even know what to say!! Thank you so much....this is the best birthday present ever! I can't believe it has already been a year since I visited. Of course, since then I have totally lost 20 lbs and my teeth are straighter thanks to invisalign:) (that statement was only partly true...still working on the 20 lbs!) Thank you for the tribute, I am honored that someone I look up to would say such nice things:) Love you! (And, if the "nanny" position is still open for your upcoming trip, I am totally in!)
Post a Comment