Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Unbeknownst to the weather forecasters, we had beautiful weather today. We went to the ward picnic at the park, where we ate, played games (water relays, water balloon toss, tug-o-war) and enjoyed the playground, as well as the large sandbox. Of course after being sweaty and playing in the sandbox, we came home for a dip in the pool -yeah, gross, I know. Since it was almost dinner time, after swimming, the kids grabbed a quick bath and got into their pj's. Cohen, once again didn't make it, and fell asleep wrapped in his towel on the floor. The twins made it long enough to get jammies on, and then they too were fast asleep. It wasn't even 5 o'clock yet! After dinner, the kids ate ice cream and played outside. I don't know why we had baths before ice cream cones. Cohen had melted ice cream all over his feet, pj's, hands, face, hair, etc. I never really thought about the art of ice cream cone eating. Cohen hasn't had much opportunity for practice and drank from the cone as if it were a cup -sticking his entire face into it. I'm sure he'll be a pro by the end of the summer, but next time we'll practice before bath time.










3 comments:

Logan and Jennilee said...

Cohen looks disappointed in the last picture that there is no ice cream left in the cone, unbeknownst to him that the rest is all over his face! He is so funny!

Moreau's said...

Your kids are so dang cute! I love the drinking of the icecream from the cone cup. I do the same thing Cohen! You are such a great writer, I enjoy reading all your fun posts!

anita said...

These pics are so-o-o cute. He really got into that icecream cone trying to get the last lick out of it. 2 baths in one evening! Busy Mom. Sounds like a fun day> Love ya Mom