Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Toilet Tag!

The kids have been counting down the days until our neighborhood pool opens just 4 doors away. Eager with excitement, the last couple of weeks they have been sporting their swimsuits around the house and diving off the toy box -I even got in on the action and did a cannonball. Needless to say, even with the precision and good form in which I executed my stunt, there was not much of a splash, more of a thud.
The pool opened Saturday, and it has been rainy and chilly ever since. So, dressed in long sleeves and long pants, the kids found entertainment in a new rendition of tag. It's like freeze tag, only involving porcelain bowl replicas, it's toilet tag! Once tagged, you have to squat down like a toilet and stick your hand out and wait to be flushed. Then you are free to run again. Cohen, being littler, was tagged quite a bit, but apparently off the other kids flushing radar. He spent most of his time squatting and saying over and over "flush me, flush me, flush meeee". Since I'm on the subject of toilets, I always have to hold back a grin when Cohen starts his "potty talk" (we in no way support or condone potty talk, any parties taking part have been subject to washing their mouths out with soap). With that said, it's pretty funny what he thinks is "potty talk". He starts out with "bum-bum", then gets a mischievous grin in response to my disapproving look. While grinning (thinking he's being naughty and getting away with it) he rattles off "belly button... shoulders...back". Anything that is normally covered in clothes, to him is potty talk. Boy will he be surprised when we finally go to the pool and all of this potty talk is on display.








5 comments:

traci said...

I am not sure we ever played toilet tag, but I think we were missing out if we didn't. Looking at Gavin reminds me of Boston. They looked so young at the first of the school year, and now, they look like they are so grown up. Wow!

Julie said...

I've never heard of toilet tag but it is a very creative game. Who thought it up?

Tanya said...

Oh, I'm always looking for new ideas for mutual. Maybe not this one, though. Flush me!

Reese said...

So silly you are.....was this one of the games you were trying out for Addie's party? Looks like a winner:)

Tanya said...

It looks weird and awesome at the same time! Maybe I'll do it at my 9th or 10th birthday party.If my mom lets me.(i hope.) My mommy really misses you!(And Brett)
-Corinne