
We were lucky enough to have the Ross Grandparents stay with us this

past weekend. We drove places to get a glimpse of Amish life style, immerse ourselves in the great outdoors while feeding turtles "natural" pellets, and share a local favorite,
Graeter's ice cream. The best times in my opinion were those that required no driving at all. The kids loved playing with Papa Ross, who

seemed to be the sole child care provider on more than one occasion (thanks for the nap). Addie loved monitoring Grandma's progress with her knitting (as I've said before, she's a bit of a slave driver -Addie, not Grandma). It was great to have adult conversations when all little ones were fast asleep. And of course, I loved all my many Spanish lessons from the King of Spanish himself (though I still don't know a darn thing, but we won't blame

the teacher). But the most excitement came from feeding the crickets to the fish in the backyard. The joy begins with the satisfaction of a successful cricket catch in your palm (their little still, so it's pretty hard), then releasing them back into the wild (
hee,
hee,
hee, throwing them into a lake of hungry
predators), and finally, cheering them on as they make every attempt to scurry back to dry ground before being gobbled up. Whether your ovation is for the
stealthful fish or the lucky ones that make it back to dry ground, it's a good time.


It was sad to see Brett's parents leave, but more so when they said, "so, I guess next time we see you, you'll be in Spain". Really? We'll be in Spain? Guess I
should've been a better student during my Spanish lessons.

Grandma had lots of good helpers in the kitchen.
3 comments:
Looks like fun. I especially love Cohen's do in the last picture. And it looks a little too shiny in the background for me to believe all those stories about your messy house. But, thanks for trying to make me feel better.
So cute!!! It is always hard to part with Harry and Julie! They are two some of the greatest people I know! But I bet they are excited to now have a reason to go to Europe!
That was a fun few (and I mean few) days with you guys. I really had fun catching the crickets with your kids and tossing them into the lake for fish food. What an adventure! We love you guys.
Post a Comment