Thursday the kids got to go to school and meet their teachers (no interview). Addie and Eli are in separate classes and will start all day school from 9am-4pm. Their teachers both seem very friendly as do the kids in their classes. The students have known of the Ross family arrival and so knew their names. Addie's class especially was excited for her to be there as there are only five girls in the class right now. I'm sure Gavin's teacher is much friendlier than she seemed, if not, he can handle it. I don't think any of them will have a problem adjusting as it seems to be a warm and understanding atmosphere -even if Addie and Eli are being split up. They will start school Monday instead of Friday. As we will be in the Hotel still, they will be picked up at 8:15, by the "short bus" right near the hotel.
Yesterday we got the keys to the house, yipee! Yay, we can do laundry...boo, we're still living in the hotel. We're going to be living in the hotel until our airshipment comes, which will hopefully be next week. It has kitchen items and an aero bed included in it. We'll be able to cook and Brett and I and the most well behaved child, will get to sleep on the aero bed. Everyone else it looks like will be on hard wood. Okay, maybe we'll have to purchase an aero bed here. We went to the house again today to do laundry, and we met some of our neighbors. They seem very nice, do not speak any Spanish and have been here for 3 months and have survived. They have an 8 yr old girl, and a 12 yr old boy. Both go to the American School of Madrid also. The kids love the new house and playground area, and Cohen keeps asking to go to his red house. Hopefully this Thanksgiving I will be thankful to be out of the hotel. If not, I will remain thankful for a hot shower, heat, food, clean clothes, Brett the translator, a stroller, and all day school (I dreaded sending them to school all day, but after the tight quarters this past week, we're all ready to have some time apart. It'll just make it that much better when we're together).
The kids have entertained themselves at the hotel, climbing the surrounding trees, throwing large pinecones and making Bakugan, robots, and letters to Santa on the other pinecone seeds, and leaves. They are loving the HUGE leaves and collect large stashes of them on our walks. They seem to have no problem entertaining themselves without toys.
Yesterday we got the keys to the house, yipee! Yay, we can do laundry...boo, we're still living in the hotel. We're going to be living in the hotel until our airshipment comes, which will hopefully be next week. It has kitchen items and an aero bed included in it. We'll be able to cook and Brett and I and the most well behaved child, will get to sleep on the aero bed. Everyone else it looks like will be on hard wood. Okay, maybe we'll have to purchase an aero bed here. We went to the house again today to do laundry, and we met some of our neighbors. They seem very nice, do not speak any Spanish and have been here for 3 months and have survived. They have an 8 yr old girl, and a 12 yr old boy. Both go to the American School of Madrid also. The kids love the new house and playground area, and Cohen keeps asking to go to his red house. Hopefully this Thanksgiving I will be thankful to be out of the hotel. If not, I will remain thankful for a hot shower, heat, food, clean clothes, Brett the translator, a stroller, and all day school (I dreaded sending them to school all day, but after the tight quarters this past week, we're all ready to have some time apart. It'll just make it that much better when we're together).
The kids have entertained themselves at the hotel, climbing the surrounding trees, throwing large pinecones and making Bakugan, robots, and letters to Santa on the other pinecone seeds, and leaves. They are loving the HUGE leaves and collect large stashes of them on our walks. They seem to have no problem entertaining themselves without toys.

8 comments:
I just really love that you are somewhere so cool and doing something new and adventurous. Cool.
J-E-A-L-O-U-S-! Ummm, just think, if you were here you would be stressing over much less exciting things.
p.s. NEED MORE PICTURES. I think that this is a time where you are completely justified in overkill on the photos.
p.p.s PLEASE give us a report on your church experience tomorrow.....a picture of you with translation headphones on would be great.
Hey you guys! I heard you were moving to Spain. What fun! Jake and I have always wanted to live over there. Looks like you have a great place! We just started into the blog thing. Our address is marriottfam.blogspot.com. It will be fun to keep in touch! I can't believe how big your kids have gotten. I guess it has been a while since we have seen you. :( Hope you are getting settled and adjusting well to your new time zone/life!
love, bek
We are so glad you have made it all safe and sound! Your life is never boring is it?!?! We love to read about your exciting adventures in Spain, keep 'em coming!!
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experiences in Spain. Lots of adjustments and getting accustomed to this new culture, grocery shopping, finding your way around, but you guys all seem to be handling it so well. Did Gavin, Eli and Addie start school Momday? Are you camping in your house somewhat? Have you heard which day your air shipment will arrive? Such changes you are all dealing with but what memories you are making!We sure love you and I am so glad to finally get to a computer and be able to learn about you all. Love Mom
WOW!! You are the bravest women in the world. I don't like to go places in Utah with my kids alone. I need to buck up and be a little more adventurous. Thanks for your inspiration! You guys rule!
Okay, it's Thanksgiving tomorrow and Gage still thinks we are driving to Cincinnati to see our cousins. I have told him that you are very far away and he still doesn't seem to understand. I am sad that we won't be with you tomorrow. Someone gave us a mixed berry pie and I am going to pretend it's a razzleberry from Marie Calendars. I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful and you are in your little red house. I am counting down until we have another Thanksgiving with your family again. Love you all.
Love, love, love the updates. I have to admit, I'm going to live my meant-to-be-but-not-happening-expat-life vicariously through you. Just think, when it's time to come back, you're not going to want to leave! Hang in there...you'll get into the swing of things before you know it!
Post a Comment