Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Planes, trains, subways, taxis, and boats


Today was a much better day. Brett was with us today and so we had a much needed fun day. We took the train into the city (a highlight on it's own), ate at VIPS (a favorite of mine), and road the subway to Retiro Park. Brett and I went here on our own a month ago an loved it. The lakes, the fountains, statues, play ground, accordian music in the background as we rowed our boats and raced across the lake, all in the middle of the bustling city. It was a winner for the kids too. Though I'm not sure which they liked the best, the park or the double decker train ride back. Brett's picking up the rental car right now, so Gavin's life should get a little easier. The kids have interviews at the school tomorrow and then they start Friday. No one seems too apprehensive about it, and Cohen seems to be a little more content here now that he's had his chocolate milk fix.

3 comments:

Reese said...

I wish I could be there to give you a hug or an extra set of hands to help out (I just read your previous post) This looks amazing and just the sort of thing the Ross kids would love. Love the pictures! Still waiting for my detailed email w/out sugarcoating:) Hang in there, girl. You will be doing great in no time.

Reese said...

So, I just had to come back for more. Don't think I didn't notice Brett's rowing ensemble.........scarf AND sweater? He is looking like a true european already.

Sina said...

Hey Amy,
Just read your blog update. It's great to read about your adventures. I always give myself 6 months to feel settled into a new place/country but at the rate you're going you should be well away in 3 months. Way to go - you are amazing! Just taking it all in your stride. This will be an experience your family will never forget and someday you will laugh at all the craziness.