Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top 'O the Morn'!

I never really thought of St. Patrick's Day as one of those exciting holidays. You just wear green and possibly kiss the Blarney stone under the windmill at the city park for good luck (my child hood). The kids came home from school so excited that a leprechaun had left a gold chocolate coin on their chairs at school for good behavior. For the rest of the day (4-7pm) they laid traps and searched for leprechauns. They totally saw one in the garage sitting in our neighbors car trying to turn the steering wheel...but then he turned black and disappeared...? They are REALLY fast. I love how their imaginations can entertain them for hours. I hid a chocolate coin in their TBLT's, and made some mini green footprints, but they weren't buying it. Apparently leprechauns are little, but not that little. At least the one in our garage.

8 comments:

Reese said...

You're back!! I love your kids' wild imaginations. I am glad to see that they haven't grown out of it yet. I have to say that I really failed my children this year for St Patrick's Day. No green milk. No sneaky leprechauns. Not even a mere remembrance to wear green so as not to be pinched. Luckily, their teachers made things magical enough.

anita said...

Hi, that milk looks like mint ice cream to me! We didn't see any leprechauns, but I saw an area whrer the fairies had been dancing,so perhaps the leprachaun danced too but left no trace. i love seeing my kids again. Love Mom

Julie said...

Keep blogging-we love it. No pressure! Fun to see all the pics of your kids.

Emma Jo said...

Oh where to start?! Love that you get into holidays, love it. Love churros and chocolate, muy mucho, and the toothless grin as well. And I completely forgot that not only are you LIVING in a very awesome place, but it also means that you get to vacation in ALL NEW VERY UNIQUE and AWESOME locations. It just all looks so glamorous..vacationing off the coast of Africa and all.
Will you adopt me?

laurie said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!!!

Reese said...

Happy Birthday!!! I just looked at the clock and I am a few hours too late to call you....unless you are pulling an all-nighter. Hope you had a great day:)

Reese said...

Um, just a reminder.........it is now May?????? Not sure what happened with the posts for March and April. You need to get with the program and focus on the important things in life. Like blogging. So that we know you are still alive.

Emma Jo said...

Come on...pleeeaaaasee write something new. I'm dyin here!