Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tourist Tuesday - Chin Chon


No, we didn't go to China. Chin Chon is still in Spain, just about an hour away. Every city seems to have a square, or center, usually called Plaza Mayor. In this case more of a circle (maybe because it's used as a bull ring). This square was more rustic with it's dirt floor, bean/vegetable vendors, and donkeys surrounded by houses adorned with balconies, now used as restaurants. Madrilenos (Madrid locals) come here on weekends for the great food and atmosphere. The kids took a whirl around the square atop burrow taxis, but not before an energetic game of tag, in a place that so obviously needed to have kids running around to catch each other.

We also visited the ruins of a 14th century castle for a quick sword brawl, and great views of the surrounding olive orchards.


7 comments:

Logan and Jennilee said...

Yeah! Finally! I have been waiting for a new post! We want to see what you guys are doing all of the time!

anita said...

Looks like you all had a great time. What a neat place. How fun to have such interesting places so close by to visit. It is so nice to see pics of the fam. except the photographer didn't get in any! Love you guys. Mom

Julie said...

I want to go there-the countryside looks so beautiful! Let us see more!!!!

Reese said...

Congrats! You have almost made it to the end of March. Now just 39 more posts to go to get caught up before you come back for a visit.
Seriously, that looks so cool. My kids would love to see a real castle. And donkeys. I wish we could drive for an hour and see something other than farmland or outlet malls:)

Emma Jo said...

Oh my goodness you live in a beautiful place. Have I told you that you guys seem to fit right in? We could use a good play date with those kiddos of yours...in Spain, naturally....now if only we could teleport, for free.

Caitlin said...

Crazy. I can't believe you have all of that so close to you. I have got to get over there for one of your 'tourist tuesdays.'

Sina said...

Hmmm....so last weekend we watched a movie with the kids, mowed the lawn, went to the pool, and did a Costco run......so sort of the same as your weekend......except for the olive orchards, castle, donkeys, and amazing food!!! Thanks for all the great photos - wish I was there with you.