Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 3 - "Cohen" blocks

I'm running out of the little projects on my checklist, leaving only the time consuming ones which haven't been making much progress. In my defense, 3 of 4 kids are sick, the fourth isn't but is on antibiotics from last week. So the project time just isn't happening. I thought it would be fun to include the kids when I was painting the letters and blocks. I know, 4 kids ranging from 2 to 6 yrs old, all with fully loaded paintbrushes sitting way too close to each other. What was I thinking? It wasn't a Martha Stewart art class, that's for sure. We'll just stick to watercolor paints next time. I still haven't a clue what project will be posted tomorrow as I'm no where near completing anything. I really thought committing myself in writing to complete projects would work. Maybe next time I should just shoot for 2 or 3 finished projects.
PROJECT #3: "Cohen" block letters

7" wood blocks brightly painted and adorned with various sized wooden letters (even a building block), will hang above Cohen's bed to greet him each morning, and provide reassurance that he is in fact in Cohen's room.
(Thank you Brett for cutting the wood blocks out. And see, you still have all of your fingers.)

5 comments:

Scot & Tanya said...

You are so creative!! I love your projects! It makes me want to try some, "want to" being the key words there! My projects just don't seem to turn out as cute as yours! Hope your kids get feeling better! Love ya, Tanya

traci said...

Sooooooo cute!

anita said...

hi, I think your projects are turning out super! I love the blocks and the monkeys. What f a fun theme for his room. Hope everyone is doing better today. Love Mom

Emma Jo said...

OK, I was gone all weekend so now I'm all behind. I am so glad that you are posting about your adorable projects and decoration...I will add them to my cute Amy idea folder on my computer...really, I have one.

Julie said...

Lucky Cohen--very cute. Go Amy Go!
Rest Amy Rest!
Love ya, Julie