This took almost the whole ten days to finish, well actually almost 10 years. We built this when we were first married and couldn't afford a dresser. Oh, our Provo basement days...anyway we never finished it. We got as far as functionality (not sure if that's a word) needed, and quit. It has moved from room to room over the years but never finished. We laughed as we took a closer look at the novice construction of it, but it is VERY sturdy. This week we added the trim and moldings, new top, filled most of the MANY knots (we had bought very cheap wood), sanded, primed, and painted coat after coat to achieve a dark blue/navy color. It's done!
(No Mom and Dad, this may have Sunday's date on it, but I didn't work on it on Sunday)

4 comments:
Interesting blog. We invite you to list it in our new Blog Directory and share it with others.
Be one of the first to list your blog
Hey Girl! You are soooo good! How much can I pay you to come out here and do my kids rec room (aka. FROG) in March? You have the cutest and the awesomest projects. What are you going to put in your studio wall hanging thing?
Wow! Please stop with the amazing projects....you are making us all look bad. Its going to give me a complex because I can't even think up the cool ideas, much less carry them out!
We made a similar first year married bookcase/CD holder that we had in that Orem apartment. I remember Zane building and I being so proud. We still have it and just moved it in to Trevor's room for a bookshelf and now I think I will have Zane add some trim and paint it out. I can imagine all those projects you guys did in the basement of your apartment. We did some of the same and had a gallon of green paint dump over on our carpet, but it was so old and marbled (the carpet) that you couldn't even really tell. Ahhhh... those BYU days!
Post a Comment