We were getting the kids ready for bed and couldn't find Cohen's toothbrush. So we told the kids, "whoeever feends ze toosebrush eez ze veener (whoever finds the toothbrush is the winner)!" Of course they ask what's in it for them. So we told them "you gets to be a veener". Well, the toothbrush went unfound and the kids went to bed. The next morning, Eli came into our room very excited. "Mom, I foun da toofbru uner da sink in our bafroom...pause...where my ho(t)dogs?" Apparently while translating in his head, he took that he would get a weiner (veener) or hotdog for finding the missing toothbrush.

After reading scriptures before bed with the kids, we were explaining a little bit more about the resurrection. To help them better understand, I put a sock on my hand to symbolize our bodies, and my hand to be our spirit. I showed them separating, and then put the sock back on my hand while explaining. Brett then asked, "So, what happens when we are resurrected?...Addie? She looked very puzzled, then said questioningly, "We put socks on our hands?" Hey, we tried.

7 comments:
Kids are so funny and innocent. We really had a good laugh at their "precious" comments. Tell us more!
Love,Julie
Those were funny things. And, youru photos are looking good! I think we are on the same wave length. It's like we are the same people just 100 miles apart. I am talking about the aprons, websites, and now, the Old Navy Sale. I was going to call you Sat., but when I looked at the clock it would have been too late for you to go and I didn't want you to know about something good you were missing. So, I am glad you got my message I sent telepathically!
How did you explain away the hot dogs or did he get hot dogs for breakfast?? The socks episode was great, I can vizualize Addie looking puzzled. She obviously paid attention to the socks and your vizual. Treasure these moments.Love Mom
I am soooo glad you have a blogspot now. I will put your name on my list of people. Your kids are so cute. I love the scripture/sock story.
I'm so glad you sent your blog address. I am impressed, having never blogged, but yours is so cute and inspiring. Sounds like you and Brett are great parents and that life is good. I'm so happy for you. I enjoyed the stories and pics - keep them coming! Amber
I'm so happy to see you in the blogging world that I think my eyes are actually tearing up. Welcome welcome...can I add you to my list of faves? Yeah!!
Your family IS aging! Not you and Brett, of course, just the kids! I love your blogsite! Keep it coming.
Post a Comment