Gavin is now down to two front teeth. He had quite the mouthful with 3 baby front teeth. Two of them have been loose for a while now, but going nowhere. I was pretty satisfied with that at first, because I am in no hurry to rush the growing up process. But lately, that third had taken the unpleasant position of sticking nearly straight out. We'll say that's why he's been chewing with his mouth open, you know, his lips being propped open by a lump of dentine and enamel, we'll see if that problem is fixed. Anyway, apparently dinner at Red Robin last night was the push the tooth needed. Gavin was overjoyed at the amount of progress resulting from his corndog, but still the tooth remained pointing straight ahead as normal, only wigglier. I promised a dollar in additon to the tooth fairy's contribution if he could have it out by next Sunday (hoping for sooner) and Brett chased him around after church threatening to pull it. This evening, in its own sweet time, it came out while Gavin ran in circles. No outside intervention needed. He did get the dollar, but was even more excited when he looked in the mirror and in his I'm-pretty-cool-voice stated while nodding his head,"I look like I'm seven". He's six.( X-rays show he only has two adult front teeth, yippee!).

5 comments:
Hurry! Take all your pictures now because the next few years aren't pretty....Only kidding, hey with three coming out and only two coming in, they might just be straight!
I always get so afraid of the losing of the teeth but then I get totally used to the toothlessness (and how adorable it is) until I think about the enormous teeth that will move in and take their place in these small children heads.
Yipee for Gavin. Boston's aren't even loose. Trevor's first loose tooth was hanging by a thread made of nothing and he still wouldn't let us pull. Needless to say, he swolled it. So, way to go Gavin.
Start savin' for the ortho! (He is a Ross - it's in our genes)
Gavin I am excited tthat you last your tooth and glad the tooth fairy found you. You take a great picture but I can't wait to see you in person. Love Grandma
Post a Comment