Thursday, February 14, 2008

'ow do you say, Happy Valentine's Day?

So I'm setting out a little Valentine surprise for the kiddies last night, which of course would not be complete without conversation hearts, and wondering when you had to start checking the language before purchasing. Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful they sell them in Spanish. In fact, Brett was quite enthused (being that he speaks Spanish and all), but I was unaware that I would have a language choice at my midwest Target store. So what's the big deal? I was looking forward to this year having my kindergartener (now quite an avid reader) do the reading for the four of them. So instead of some sibling bonding (older helping out the youger), and an unattentive lull for me, I was bombarded with unanswerable questions on all sides. Yes, even Cohen, "ut my ay (what mine say)?" I thought I had prepared last night, asking Brett proper pronunciation and definition, but my memory is gone, and sadly I didn't take any notes. Luckily, they're still young and usually believe that I know what I'm talking about. I can only hope that these words are not featured on Dora, lest they find out the fraud that I am. (You too, Papa Ross, let's keep the correct definition of Guapo on the down low)

3 comments:

Reese said...

Amy, that is hilarious! You should have used them for one of the kids school parties....their teachers would have been very impressed!

Emma Jo said...

That is just really funny. Muy hilario-so if you will.

Reese said...

Hey-check out reprodepot.blogspot.com They have a contest that you should enter!