
A) Our primitive iron peep window B)Visual monitor and intercom

This isn't necessarily touristy, but more relevent to residency. Every night the kids plea for their turn to push the buttons. The buttons that close out the world around us. Each window and door has them, some even have two. One for minimum security "blinds"(you can still see the light of day), and one for maximum (not one ray of sunshine is getting through).

These exterior metal "blinds" are in addition to iron bars on the windows, alarm system, video intercom, bazillions of locks/gates, one brick and iron wall outlining the perimeter, and many booby traps strategically placed on the sidewalk (courtesy of the neighborhood canines). It takes nearly a full set of keys to penetrate this fortress and some patience to park. We don't wait for just one garage door to open, but 3 remote operated (very slow) doors/gates. A few of our neighbors even have on-sight security staff with their own little booth. Now, I'm not complaining about all the security, but it does seem a little excessive. It is satisfying though when lock down time comes and we get to block out the rest of the world (also handy when it's still light out at bedtime).
3 comments:
I feel much better.....knowing that you are being kept safe from stray dogs and crazy old ladies. I may have to look into adding a few security measures to help with bedtime.
p.s. thanks for the apron comment (did you notice it very closely resembles a couple you sent our way from Addie's b-day?)
Um, awesome. I like all that security. I will probably be shivering in my bed tonight with fright in realizing that all I have is locks on my doors.
This, my friend, is what we call blog purging. I like it. I have missed the catching up.
That is a lot of lock down! I have a question in the picture with multiple windowns, in the small window to the right is something white it looks like a little girl is that a vase or something? it looks a little scary like the light is hitting it perfect so I had to ask what it was. my imagination runs wild!
Post a Comment