I love homemade cookies. They don't last long around here as I eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and as snacks in between. So, I must keep my Betty Crocker moments to a minimum. Cookie dough is not at all tempting for me, making the Costco/Sam's bucket of cookie dough the perfect solution. I can make a pan instead of a whole batch, and save myself the belly ache the next day. With that not being an option here, I have to make my own, and then fight with my lack of self control. Four cookies were left from last nights batch, one for each child when they got home from school. Seriously, I had to wipe the drool off my chin each time I went through the kitchen. Somehow the cookies made it through the day. I hovered around the kids as they partook or their sweet morsels, waiting for a handout or some reward for my discipline. Between bites (his not mine), Gavin told me he wanted me to make these cookies when he was grown up, so he could marry them because he loved them so much.Me: "I'm sure your wife will make some for you".
Gavin: "But I'll love you more". (So loyal)
Me: (cringing at the thought) "It's okay, you'll love your wife more".
Gavin: "yeah, because she'll probably make LOTS of cookies".
I guess I should cut down on my indulgences and make sure there's a few more to go around.
Note: I did share some with my neighbor, if that makes me any less piggy.

6 comments:
Okay so here is my problem.....I love homemade cookies and I love homemade cookie dough. Which means I not only nibble the cookie dough - 1 dollop for the cookie sheet, 1 dollop for me - but then I also eat an excessive amount of cookies!
Yes. I am a bit of a cookie-aholic myself. I do not buy cookies from the store to help curb the addiction BUT then I let loose when it comes to warm chocolate chip cookies, straight from the oven. MMMMMMM, good. I am pretty amazed that you made it through the day with cookies on the counter......my kids would have come home to one cut into fourths.
When I see your pitcher of flowers in the background, it looks just like "your home" in Spain! The cookies look good, too-especially because I have really been trying to cut back on my sugar consumption. Can't wait to see you guys.
I am just like that. If there is something baked in the house then I get to eat it every time I walk through the kitchen. Things don't last long. You were nice to share with your children.
I'm drooling just reading about the cookies. I pig out on the dough too though!
So glad to know I'm not the only cookie addict around. I have been known hide in my room with a warm plate of them. I know...shame on me!
Post a Comment