Thursday, September 3, 2009

Little Entrepreneurs

A little down time on the long flight stateside. A proud moment for Brett.

Phase 1 -Shipping and Handling

Addie has been planning and scheming all day, how to get a hamster into her posession.

"We can just carry it on the plane." -"I don't think we're allowed to."
"Well, then we can put it in the suitcase in a cage." -"It would get awfully hungry in there."
"I'd put a carrot and the water thingy with the silver straw in the cage" -"They jostle and throw the suitcases around, it would probably get hit on the head with the carrot."

...a few hours later...Addie and Eli (two minds working towards a flawless plan)

"Okay, we could drive to the end of Spain, then take a ferry to the U.S., then drive to Ohio, buy a hamster...and a cage, and drive back to the ferry, then we could hold it on the ferry, and drive back home, right mom?" - "Uhhhh, hmmm, sounds like you guys have thought of everything."

"Yes!!"

Phase 2 -Raising Funds I could only think of so many "pay" chores, as most of the chores they are capable of, they just have to do. So, Addie began making flyers for "her store", in which she would sell off her toys. Smart girl. She was reeling in the masses with the "free things", and would catch them with the "not free things". The boys had to start some competition for her, so started their own stores for their own hamster. Cohen, knowing the real way to get business in his store advertised, "Come to my store, EVERYTHING is FREE!" The public (the other 3) then made a beeline for his store and wiped him out of everything. Somehow they took his money, all his toys and just left him with his smile. He was just happy that everyone came to his store. Oh, and Addie is well on her way to parenting a hamster with the $0.15 she earned from her business endeavor.

4 comments:

Reese said...

So funny. I love the story and the photos. I told my kids that story after talking to you yesterday and they thought it was hilarious that Cohen had a "free' sale. What a great kid.

Moreau's said...

ingenious children! I loved their planning and plotting! I also loved Guido! So cute! We do the same thing with hair out of the hairbrushes. We take the hair wrap it in a ball and make an afro out of it! Then we draw a face on our fingers, place the hair on the top, and have a little puppet show! Good times!
I wish that I could have talked to you on that Sunday that we were in the same ward. You have such an adorable family! It was good to see you atleast!

Emma Jo said...

I love it. Hey, I know the perfect Christmas gift...you know those fake pets they sell now? All the fun, no mess. Cute girl.

Gigi's Thimble said...

That is so cute. I love her sign.