Update: Cohen is taking this really well, as he only cries when his leg or foot gets bumped or tries to walk, other than that, he's happy to play. He woke up during the night crying and crawled to the hallway instead of walking. It was pretty sad, so if he is being dramatic and can remember to do so mid-sleep, he deserves some kind of award. He had X-rays done today, and they came back fine so the doc says it's probably a deep tissue injury. The other kids were a little disappointed since they wanted him to have a cast like Curious George did. Brett's imagination was running wild while doing 1099's, and was picturing him in a very little wheelchair. No cast, or wheelchair, just motrin guys, just motrin.Gavin didn't go to school again today as he is contagious with strep throat...AGAIN! He has also lost his license to practice medicine. The doctors office rooms are not adequately prepared to entertain four kids while waiting. Gavin rolled up on the doctors stool to examine Cohen. In his deep adult voice said, "Let me have a look at your foot 'lil fella". He then grabbed Cohen's foot not all that tenderly and sent Cohen into tears. I gave him a stern look and reminded him he is not really a doctor. While I consoled Cohen, he rolled over unnoticed to Eli. That examination did not seem to go all that well either because a minute later Eli burst into tears holding his eye. I could be wrong, but I think between the extra crowded office room, the volume, the unavailability of the "doctors special rolling chair", and well, our charm...we must be their favorite patients.

4 comments:
So sorry about your extended doctors office time......sounds like Gavin needs to work on his bedside manner:)
I think Gavin needs his tonsils out. During Trevor's kindergarten year, he spent half of it at home due to strep throat. Once those babies (tonsils) were out, no more strep. Poor Cohen. I wanted him to have a cast too so I could sign it and see him with little crutches. But, actually, I am glad it wasn't a break.
Doctor's offices are the best! All those sick kids, germs running amuck, the waiting...could it be any more fun? I'm sorry for all the ills and injuries. I feel for you, I truly do.
You are off the grid for now:)
Post a Comment