
Brett was either out of town or working late this past week, so all I heard was "when is Daddy coming home?" from a very eager Gavin. When Friday rolled around, he was so excited to finally show him how he could skate just like his Dad. Daily, he asks to go out and skate the minute it stops raining. Gavin was encouraged from the beginning when he received a skateboard for his 1st birthday. Though a bit of a "poser" (he always carried it around but would rarely get on) he loved it when Brett would carry him while skating up and down our street. So even here in the mid west some of the San Diego blood continues on. Note: Gavin's tooth is out! On the way home from Karate, Brett announced he would buy him a Webkin (we figured it would be cheaper than the dentist) if his tooth came out today. Gavin started twisting and pulling until the pain and blood made him stop. He had made a lot of progress though, it went from barely loose, to barely hanging on. As evening drew near and the window of Webkinz opportunity began to close, he let me pull it. He didn't even know it was out it was so painless. So, it didn't take pliers, a slamming door or even an apple, just the determined mind of a six year old in want of "Mike" his new snake Webkin.

5 comments:
That was the best phone call from Gavin-ever! He was so excited about losing his tooth so he could get a snake webkin and name him "Mike". Isn't it great that Daddy is missed so much? You guys will be so glad when tax season is over!
I remember his tiny skateboard! And I love Cohen's bottle and board!
Gnarly dude....I hope the neighbors aren't putting your kids on their bad lists, you know those Ross kids are nothing but trouble:) Although I think you need to let them grow their hair out a bit and untuck their shirts so they can look the part a little better. Skaters rule!
Gavin will have to teach my kids to ride when we visit. Maybe Brett could build a half pipe ramp in your back yard and we could really get them going! He made a pretty cool one in jr. high.
Hi Amy,
I didn't know how else to respond to your comment on my blog.. but the cupcake image has handmade by me. I can give you a copy if you want. Also, do you do all the parties as a business or just for your kids. They are great... love them!
Post a Comment