
When I go to the park with Cohen, I never see moms, only Nannies (or chica). Last week, during a walk, I finally saw a mom with her son (during the day) out walking. She was dressed in her long fur coat, fur hat, heeled boots, and short skirt, while he was in shorts, knee socks, peacoat, scarf, and was probably about 2 yrs old. They were skipping along playing together, but what made me laugh was the entourage behind them. Following right behind was the housekeeper carrying a bag of groceries, and then behind her was the nanny pushing the empty stroller. So it took the 3 of them to go out for a walk. Heaven forbid she should have to push the stroller or carry the small bag of groceries. What a different world. (In her defense, I'm sure she was going to be doing some serious shopping for poor city children, and probably had a gimp wrist wrendering her useless when it came to pushing strollers). People (both nannies and employers of nannies) are aghast that I have 4 children and no nanny. One nanny said "Yo no chico burrito taco enchilada quatro ninos kay dormir feedo dresso autobuso". Okay, it was in Spanish, so I don't technically know what she said, though she was very nice and we did "talk" for about a half hour. Through our game of charades (which I've gotten quite good at) she asked, who bathed, and fed, and dressed, and took the kids to school? When I answered that I did, she was quite amazed. Not in a "you're a superstar" sort of way, more of a "you're crazy" kind of way. She quickly offered up a chica she knew that could come help me. If someone is doing all that for me, when would I see the kids? I told her I'd have to pass, but if she knew anyone who cleaned bathrooms, let me know. I mean seriously, 7 bathrooms! Again this was all via charades.
6 comments:
I love your quote of the chica. I'll come be your chica...can I bring 4 extra kids?
Amy you are an awesome chica burrito enchilada. Oh...you make me laugh. I'm with you all the way - I'll take somebody to clean my house and do my shopping while I go play with my kids.
Note to Brett: GET THIS WOMAN A CHICA BURRITO ENCHILADA STAT!
(For the bathrooms sake)
(On second thought, I think she really needs a laundress.....whatever they call that.....for her personal sanity)
Love the vision you conjured up in my head of you playing spanish charades.
That's awesome! I definitely agree about needing a chica burritoenchiladataco queso to scrub the toilets. Seven? Really? I recommend locking all but three unless company comes.
I say you get someone to help you clean those 7 bathrooms! I thought my 5 were bad. If I can justify having help with my 5 you definitely can :)Let me know how it goes.
How funny! Even though she thought you were crazy for taking care of the house and kids all by yourself, you should know you are a superstar! Or, maybe Bret should get you a house cleaner!?! Maybe these American men have too high of expectations. Which is it - superstars or crazy women?
Post a Comment