Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Cruisin' in our Mercedes
It feels like things are finally moving forward. Yesterday, we found out our air-shipment should be out of customs Thursday or Friday, so we'll get to move in then!!! Today, we bought, or are in the process of buying (everything here is quite a process) a family car. Freedom is on the horizon! While you can take care of a lot by walking, there are things that just need to be done by car. Our auto should be ready for us next Wednesday -it's dark red. Not that I have anything against the color, but we received a little flack about our last two dark, red, matching cars. If we wanted another color, we would have to wait 5 or so weeks. So we'll take the red. In the meantime, we have a rental car (though I'm not listed as a driver, so still home bound) that Brett picked up for us. We are showing Spain just how chic we Americans are. Brett asked if they had anything more practical, but being that it was last minute, he HAD to take the free upgrade. Now this vehicle is undescribable, though I will say, it's a Mercedes. Only a picture could do it justice. I can't post pics now, but when I do, "WOW!" will be an understatement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I just wanted you to know that Thanksgiving was not the same without you. I missed combing through the ads with you. And, no, I didn't get up at 4 am to get a karioki machine, although I considered it! I love to read about your adventures and I know some times are hard and some things are really exciting. It's great to see how much your kids are adapting and loving so much of it. I hope you get in your casa roja this week.
It's not karioki, it's Karioke, isn't it? Maybe that's the wrong spelling too, but at least you know what I meant!
Or is it kareoke?
Hi Brett, Amy, and the rest of the Ross Family! It's exciting to read all about your adventures in a far away land called Spain. I miss you guys and I hope that you get your car soon.
P.S. I am dying to see what this car looks like.
You guys are so brave! But if there's one thing I've learned from moving place to place, unbeknownst to an area is that things always get better! We want to come visit you, but we don't have any money! lol...doesn't stop me from looking at plane tickets though! We love you guys and miss you (even though we didn't see much of each other when you lived in the states). Good Luck! And give those little cuties big kisses from their aunt Jellie
That park looks fabulous and amazing and so Euro!
So a Mercedes huh? Shall I start calling you dahling? You are so cool AND living in Europe. And applaud you for eating questionable meat...I'm right with you on that one.
Hi, I am so glad for you that you will be able to start moving in. Wow, it has been 3 weeks longer than what you needed right? It would have been so nice to have moved right in & start getting settled but you will appreciate it even more and it will feel so nice to have your own "home". Hope you ge the dryer problem solved. Email your home address PLEASE.LOve you all and enjoy your car!MOM
Just a quick update...
Good news: The Mercedes is totally sweet.
Bad news: Spanish Customs Agents don't seem to like us and our air shipment will most likely come out of customs towards the end of next week (after my work pays them some money).
Good news: We hustled to IKEA and bought a bed, some mattresses and some other things to make our house somewhat livable... so hopefully this hotel is just a distant memory.
Brett
I found your blog today, and will come back every day to hear more of your adventures. Jack saw that picture of Addie waiting at the bus stop and asked if I took it. Then a little later when I was reading a little farther up, he said "I want to see Addie and Eli again." And he blushed. It might be a long couple of years for the Ellis family :) What brave souls you guys are!
Post a Comment