The moving company told us we would have our stuff early next week, so we decided to move into casa roja Sunday. In preparation for Sunday, we stopped by the house to make sure the heat had been turned on. While we were there, someone rang from the gate (0ne of the many security measures). I scrambled trying to figure out how to buzz him in and when I went to the door, there was a most welcome surprise. A package! Never was there a sweeter sight. A package from Grandma and Grandpa Ross, yay! Now a package is always exciting, but especially so under the circumstances. I was pretty excited that the package said "Open Before Christmas". Not that I would have waited anyway, but it's always nice to be guilt free. It was addressed to the kids, so I debated waiting until they were home from school until I realized I had a perfectly good present opener whom qualified as "kids". Cohen has never opened a present before. We try to let him, but with so many older "helpers", he never really gets the chance. He was unsure how to go about it, and not sure if he was allowed to rip the paper or not (he's such a rule abider). Once he got the hang of it though, he got more and more excited. It was the most perfect gift - something handmade, christmas-y, totally in need of, and a great tradition to start. Grandma Ross had made the kids each their own magic Christmas pillowcase, with a little poem, and some beautifully illustrated Christmas books (with our lack of books, Gavin has been reading the Madrid Guide for his nightly reading homework). So, thank you, thank you, thank you, your timing is impeccable!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
This Little Piggy Went to Market
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Ummmm, did you get our package? Oh, wait......here it is. Right next to the other 99 things that were supposed to have gotten to the post office weeks ago. I have post office issues and I am determined to get over them so that I can be a better friend, sister, daughter to everyone who lives far away. I am glad that your sweet mother in law is picking up the slack....what a nice thing to send. I hope you guys have a good week. Just think, maybe you can enjoy the true spirit of the holidays with NO sightings of inflatable decor, tacky lawn ornaments, or crazy ad campaigns.
ps. Puh-lease tell me that you did not let Cohen touch that little piglet. As a fellow gal with meat issues, I know that just outside of the photo frame, there was a bottle of antibacterial gel lurking......just in case of any contact.
Thankfully the little piggy is behind glass or we probably would've crossed the street.
If my girls would have seen that little piggy laying in the window - there would have been some major issues. Accompanied by "oohh gross, that's disgusting....." and other such things. I remember paying $12 for a 6 pack of root beer just after we first moved to Australia. The things we do for a taste of home.
Merry Christmas
It was good to hear from you!Looks like you guys are having some fun adventures over seas! How long are you going to be there? We spent 2 years living in the Caribbean...way fun. Enjoy the experience! I'm excited to keep in touch.
I loved your title! Aren't you looking like the chic Euro Babe! I love it! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!
Look at your sassy little international looking self! I mean the pillow cases are cute but I was distracted by the dead pig and the cute boots.
Post a Comment